It’s always hard to keep students engaged and listening during a class and especially so during a long one. Here are five “low tech” suggestions for teaching with slides from a university professor:
- Design the slides so that certain content is missing, allowing for interaction and construction with the students
- Project the slides over a whiteboard
- Use markers to fill-in-the-blanks and to comment/expand on the content
- Invite students to take notes and build the content during the class
- Take a digital photograph of the whiteboard before erasing.
Here are some photographs I received from him that give a better idea:
What do you think?
Have you used this method with your presentations?