It’s Zeitgeist time!
Take a look at this presentation from the SlideShare team that shows statistics elaborated from all the presentations that were loaded on SlideShare in 2010.
Some interesting observations:
- Presentations still average around 19 slides (the two above average 19 as well!)
- Japanese presentations on average are the longest (42 slides) and English are the shortest.
- More font variety: Arial and Times New Roman appear a bit less in 2010 vs. 2009.
- Software has been upgraded: Presentations prepared in Powerpoint 2007/2010 format (PPTX) are now 30% vs. 17% for the previous year.
- No noticeable increase in the number of Apple Keynote presentations, though it is used a lot to make the most liked presentations.
It’s practically a news summary for 2010. Have you searched for these terms too in the past year?
One more, how could I forget Facebook?
Here is a video of what was popular on Facebook in 2010:
Zeitgeist means “the spirit of”.