Crowdsourcing experiment for my conference title
Have you ever found it hard to decide on a title for a conference presentation?
You have a few ideas in mind, but deciding among them is hard?
This is what happened to me recently, and I decided to give crowdsourcing a try. I set up a free survey using SurveyMonkey and spread the link using email and social media.
Here are the titles that I suggested (they sound better in Italian!):
- Internet Marketing: 5 challenges to win in the market
- Internet Marketing: an opportunity for growth with customer intimacy
- Internet Marketing: how to use it effectively to grow your company
- Internet Marketing: how to grow your company by getting close to your customers
- Internet Marketing: the new road to business growth
- Internet Marketing: the new challenge to make your company grow
- Using Internet Marketing to promote your company in Italy or abroad
Some survey participants also entered their suggestions in an optional field:
- Internet Marketing: 5 new roads to win in the marketplace
- Internet Marketing: new business opportunities in moments of crisis
- How Internet Marketing can help you to find new customers (… or better ones)
- Internet Marketing: use it now, or wait for your competitors to do it?
- Growth and globalization: today they are done with Internet marketing
I like these as well, but I decided to respect the majority vote.
The winning title for my conference was
Internet Marketing: 5 challenges to win in the market with 47% of the votes
The second place went to n.4 above with 26% of votes, and the third place to n. 3 above with 10% of the votes.
I presented this conference at a local Rotary Club meeting on May 29th. The feedback from business professionals and entrepreneurs present was very positive, so I hope that they will adopt the new marketing methods and the new mindset that I suggested. I uploaded the presentation to Slideshare and you can see it on the Italian web marketing training page of this website.
In the photograph above I am talking about the social network Quora, a useful source of content ideas.